Monday, February 14, 2011

Help us get to Haiti... or Tanzania!

When I first heard of the organization, Soles4Souls, the story greatly touched my heart. I couldn't stop thinking about how upon seeing a truck pull up to their school, the children of Jamaica exclaimed "It's Shoes!!!" It filled my heart to see the pure joy and gratefulness that these children showed over receiving ONE pair of shoes.

I love the Soles4Souls organization in that it provides something so simple to those in need... a pair of shoes... Something that most of us have more than we know what to do with!


For the past year or so, my husband and I have been donating to Soles4Souls. I read the blog, view their photographs, follow them on Facebook... but It has always been a dream of mine to do more...


Soles4Souls has opened up their distribution trips to volunteers and to be able to go on one of these trips would be a dream come true for me. I cannot think of any greater joy than to wash a child's feet and fit him or her into their first pair of shoes for the very first time. Your donations will help to send my husband and I on a Soles4Souls distribution trip... to either Haiti or Tanzania!


Photograph from Soles4Souls.
Photograph from Soles4Souls.
Photograph from Soles4Souls.
Photograph from Soles4Souls.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...